Friday, October 14, 2022

Holding Onto Joy

Today, I am trying my best to hold onto the kind of joy only God can provide. I'm finding it more difficult than usual to keep my armor in tact each day. Ephesians 6:10-18 

More often than not, I feel as though I am being tested beyond my Christian limits. Today, I feel could physically punch someone and not think twice about it. I will take bad behavior as long as I can, but when I'm done, I'm done. Today, I am done. I am finished. I will no longer swallow the shovels of negativity, chaos, craziness and bad behavior of those around me.

We all have problems. We all have "stuff". The list is long for each of us. No one really knows what cross we bear as individuals. However, we must keep ourselves in check and stay grounded in God's word. If we do not cling to His word, worship and immerse ourselves completely in Him during trying times, we will inflict strife on people who do not deserve it. 

The responsibility of battling the demons within ourselves should not fall on the people around us (ie. those with whom we work, attend church, family, friends, etc.). It is not my job to "fix" what is wrong with you. I am only to love you, but when loving you threatens to steal my peace and joy, I must take a step back, retreat, pray for you and for God to give me the strength to keep dealing with you in a Godly manner.